Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Not Just Another Healthy Living Blog

Black, Green, and Natural
Who am I?
Well first of all I’m Asha and I’m from the lovely state of Louisiana. Natural living and natural beauty alternatives alway were of great interest to me and after deciding to go the more natural route with my life I started trying to infuse my fashion/beauty blog with more naturally focused things like natural D.I.Y tutorials, and alternative natural products. I enjoyed being able to post about two things I felt very passionate about, but I struggled with trying to give each topic equal weight. When I discovered that I really wanted to blog about was natural living and natural beauty I decided to create Black, Green, and Natural.
What is Black, Green, and Natural?
Originally Black, Green, and Natural was meant to be a Tumblr blog, but I believe its true home is here on Blogger. So if some of this content looks familiar it's because I exporting content from my Tumblr version of this blog. Black, Green, and Natural is a blog totally devoted toward spreading (and pursuing) natural knowledge. And keep in mind the name is not just a snappy combination of words, but actually has meaning.                                  
Black- The natural movement has mostly thrived in white culture and been seen from mostly that perspective. I want to show the movement from a culturally black perspective and represent the black naturalist that do indeed exist! This however in no one way means I will only discuss black interest. Black, Green, and Natural is a blog for anyone who wants to learn and obtain knowledge about natural living.
Green- There are tons of small things you can do to live a greener and more Earth-friendly lifestyle. It’s a common misconception that you have to do something drastic to help the environment, but little things make a huge difference. Instead of always buying new plastic water bottles why not just buy a reusable bottle? Not only will you save tons of plastic, but also money!
Natural-
To put it simply, I love natural living. I’m now a healthier, happier, and more aware person because of it. What actually lead me to the natural movement was making the decision to stop using harsh chemicals (Relaxers) on my hair, and ever since then I’ve been trying to live as natural a life as possible. I am a strong believer in clean eating (which has allowed me to keep a consistent healthy weight), I research the ingredients of any not purely natural product or substance that goes on or in my body, and homemade remedies have become my life. Being that I am a broke individual whose earning minimum wage- this has been fabulous.
Here are a couple of quick disclaimers. Some aspects of my diet and some products I use are not straight natural. I do indulge in some processed foods, but I avoid ultra-processed foods like the plague. Consuming solely organic food is out of the question (once again, I’m broke), but I’ve been able to manage a well-balanced diet or clean and slightly processed foods. Also, I do not use solely natural products. Some of the products I use do have chemicals, but I try to stick with products whose ingredient list is as minimal and recognizable possible.
To sum it all up natural living is my passion, and Black, Green, and Natural is a devoted to the pursuit of natural living knowledge.D.I.Y natural beauty tricks, ways to live a healthier or green friendly life, and who knows what else will be featured here. Remember when you chose to live natural you choose control. You have the power!

No comments:

Post a Comment